1. What fruit did Saint Augustine use as a metaphor for sex? Apples, pears or peaches?
2. Stella Maris refers to which major religious figure: Venus, Mary Magdalene, Virgin Mary?
3. The Dormition of the Virgin Mary is associated with which of these: the Annunciation, the Ascension or the Assumption?
4. Santiago de Compostela is the famous shrine of: St. James, St Dominic, St. Teresa?
5. In medieval Europe, the Yellow Cross was a mark of dishonor for whom? Cathars, Jews or Moors?
6. Who married a nun: Chaucer, Martin Luther or Goethe?
7. Judecca, the Jewish enclave mentioned in Dante's Inferno, is a suburb of: Florence, Rome, Venice?
8. The Forest of Arden is associated with which Shakespeare play: As You Like It, A Midsummer Night's Dream, King Lear?
9. A Leap from Kiyomizu: which city - Kyoto, Osaka or Tokyo?
10. Butterflies - who's the famous Russian novelist: Pushkin, Tolstoy or Nabokov?
11. Which American writer wrote Letters from the Earth in the role of Satan? Hawthorne, Melville, Poe, Twain
12. Lutheranism's symbol is a rose. What color is it: red, white or yellow?
13. The Legend of Briar Rose evokes which fairytale: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty or Snow White?
14. Which Tchaikovsky ballet changed the lives of Diaghilev, Anna Pavlova and others: The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty or Swan Lake?
15. Who wrote the poem Sailing to Byzantium? W.H. Auden, T.S. Eliot, W.B. Yeats?
16. Who played Adenoid Hynkel? Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Groucho Marx?
17. The Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is said to be based on what great 20th century Russian book? The Master & Margarita, Dr. Zhivago, The Gulag Archipelago?
18. Which character from the Odyssey became the heroine of a Miyazaki manga/film: Calypso, Circe, Nausicaa, Penelope?
19. Which English band recorded the song Tales of Brave Ulysses: Cream, Pink Floyd, Traffic?
20. Name the two giants of the arts who died in Vevey-Montreux within 6 months of each other in 1977 out of these 4: Charlie Chaplin, Graham Greene, Audrey Hepburn, Vladimir Nabokov.
1. Pears (link)